Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: NetSuite Takes On Salesforce.com With New Open Standards Dev Platform

See Full Story

NetSuite has introduced its own version of a development platform -- direct competition for the raft of initiatives and platforms Salesforce.com has designed to entice developers to its product line. The difference between them, according to NetSuite, is that it based its new platform on open standards, while Salesforce.com chose to use proprietary code. "This is becoming an interesting contest between NetSuite and Salesforce.com," said Marc Songini, an analyst with Nucleus Research.

Salesforce.com is still in Industry!
Posted by: TKHALIL 2008-07-27 08:57:37 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Good Post. Interesting to read.

I don’t think so that “Open Standards” is such a powerful base that on which NetSuite can create problems for Salesforce.com. No doubt, NS-BOS is a great product from NetSuite but we should expect something great from Salesforce.com as well. Let’s wait what Salesforce bring for us and then compare the two vendors to decide who is leading the industry.

Re: NetSuite Takes On Salesforce.com With New Open Standards Dev Platfor
Posted by: neophyte 2008-02-29 23:51:17 In reply to: Erika Morphy
A cursory read on the net throws up so many pieces on open source vs. SaaS whereas the fact is that more than 80% of SaaS applications are built on open source platforms. This new initiative by NetSuite is a welcome move in the direction of furthering a symbiotic relationship between SaaS and open source such that both the end user and the vendor benefit from it.
Jump to:
Which COVID-19 vaccine would you prefer to receive if offered to you today?
Johnson & Johnson
Moderna
Pfizer-BioNTech
I'll take any COVID-19 vaccine that is made available to me right now.
I'm not sure. I need more time to make an educated decision.
I'm not interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.