Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: The Hidden Costs of Downsizing Call Centers

Re: The Hidden Costs of Downsizing Call Centers
Posted by: Penny Reynolds 2008-01-18 03:54:29
See Full Story

If your call center is being asked to tighten its belt these days, you're not alone. Many businesses are feeling the effect of a slowed economy and all departments, including the call center, are being asked to make the most of resources. Since about 75 percent of a call center's operating costs are related to staffing, that is generally the first place the call center manager looks to reduce costs. It is all too common to think of layoffs and reduction in staff as a way to respond to the call from senior management to save money.

Re: The Hidden Costs of Downsizing Call Centers
Posted by: mfra75 2008-01-18 04:22:01 In reply to: Penny Reynolds
Interesting article, I am currently battling with this issue. However, my Service Desk is a corporte service and it is internal (to the company). Therefore it is not a profit centre however we are running with the bare minimum resource. 4 staff + 1 supervisor. Supervisor is only 50% hands on. Opening hours Monday to Friday, 8 - 6.30pm daily. Daily contact volume 140calls.
#
I would like some guidance on putting together a document jusifying an increase in resources. Any advice?
Thank you
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.