Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Separating Critics From Charlatans on Web 2.0

Re: Separating Critics From Charlatans on Web 2.0
Posted by: Neal Creighton 2007-12-04 07:35:09
See Full Story

Trust remains a critical component of today's online economy. By its very nature, the Web 2.0 phenomenon factors into consumer or enterprise trust, as it can cloud judgments over what is and what's not trustworthy online. Web 2.0 applications are typically lightweight and nimble, with slick user interfaces that can bridge consumer and professional worlds. However, as Web 2.0 transforms communication from a one-way push into a more visible and immediate two-way dialogue, control is another issue to factor into trust.

Re: Separating Critics From Charlatans on Web 2.0
Posted by: teamreed 2007-12-04 07:46:19 In reply to: Neal Creighton
Mr. Creighton – who seeks to provide a competitive service to Angie’s List – is absolutely on point regarding the need for authenticated consumer reviews and the ability for businesses to receive constructive customer feedback. But he’s dead wrong in his implication that Angie’s List doesn’t provide those things.
Angie’s List neither accepts nor provides anonymous reports. Our members are known to us and to the service company about which they are reporting. Further, we dedicate significant resources to a special team of people who read each report before it is submitted to ensure it meets our submission guidelines.
But we don’t stop there. Service companies have – free of charge – the opportunity to learn that a report has just been posted about them, and we encourage them to respond to it. We then post the company’s response next to the member report so that our members can get both sides of the story and make the most informed decision about who to hire. We added this feature at the request of service companies as part of our ongoing effort to ensure the reports we share with our members are as fair and complete as possible.
Beyond providing both sides of the story, we also offer our members a complaint resolution service if they have issues they can’t resolve on their own with a service company. Our complaint resolution team acts as mediators to give our members – and the companies that serve them – yet another opportunity to correct any issues.
We wholeheartedly agree with the standards Mr. Creighton sets out as important in this 2.0 world – so much so that we’re already meeting them. And we’re committed to continually reviewing and taking the appropriate action regarding fairness, accuracy and data integrity issues.
Cheryl Reed for Angie’s List
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.