Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Life After On-Demand CRM

Re: Life After On-Demand CRM
Posted by: Christopher Cabrera 2007-11-13 09:02:39
See Full Story

Salesforce.com is the proverbial face that launched a thousand ships. The company is largely -- and deservedly -- credited with ushering the software-as-a-service movement into the 21st century and lifting CRM out of the doldrums that plagued companies such as Siebel Systems in the late '90s. The result has been a tidal wave of new on-demand applications in the CRM industry, with the Salesforce.com AppExchange acting as an axis of the Enterprise 2.0 ecosystem.

Re: Life After On-Demand CRM
Posted by: josh_whiting 2007-11-13 09:23:54 In reply to: Christopher Cabrera
I would have to agree with comments made within this article, hosted CRM Software is the way of the future. It is the way of today in many industries, however the original benefit of hosted CRM Software which rocketed its popularity is being forgotten by some vendors like Salesforce.com. The low cost of implementing and maintaining hosted CRM Software is no longer such a low cost with some vendors, software can now come with many hidden costs forcing clients to upgrade to a more expensive platform. Luckily this isn't the way with all CRM vendors, companies like Netsuite and Salesboom.com still provide a solid platform where you pay what you expected, not the often case of paying 3-4 times what companies originally thought. It is great that hosted CRM vendors are closing the gap between on premise and hosted CRM with software advancements, but this shouldn't mean the gap in price should close too.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.