Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: RFID Tech Misunderstood in Privacy Debates

Re: RFID Tech Misunderstood in Privacy Debates
Posted by: S. Scharf 2007-10-31 06:51:35
See Full Story

As radio frequency identification technology becomes more pervasive and sophisticated, the debate over how it is being used continues. Many of the worries surrounding RFID use, however, are either unsubstantiated or can be mitigated, according to "Playing Tag: An RFID Primer," a recent study conducted by the Pacific Research Institute, a free market organization in San Francisco. Part of the controversy, the study contends, is due to the negative publicity surrounding the technology's major proponents -- retail giant Wal-Mart and the U.S. Department of Defense.

Re: RFID Tech Misunderstood in Privacy Debates
Posted by: waltaugust 2007-10-31 07:03:35 In reply to: S. Scharf
People need to be aware of how easily they can protect their privacy and block the RFID signal. I founded a company specifically for this purpose. By simply keeping their RFID enabled passports, credit cards, and driver's license in a shielded sleeve the chip cannot be read or tracked. With the ability of hackers continuously find ways around even the best encryption, shielding the chip from hacker is the most reliable and easy way to prevent intrusion of your privacy.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions about this approach. I can be reached at Identity Stronghold (800-610-2770). See my bio for email and website.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.