Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Angie's List: Making and Breaking Service Companies

Re: Angie's List: Making and Breaking Service Companies
Posted by: Kate Mays 2007-07-23 05:33:51
See Full Story

In the past year, Annette Gittelman has had horrible experiences with both an electrician and a drain-pipe guy. In addition to general incompetence and unprofessional behavior, both tried to overcharge her. Three weeks ago, when Gittelman needed a wrought-iron railing installed, she was through messing around. She joined Angie's List. The company that's giving a whole new meaning to word of mouth, Angie's List is an online forum, magazine and call center that offers to its members consumer-reported feedback and ratings of service employees and companies.

Posted by: teamreed 2007-07-27 04:09:06 In reply to: Kate Mays
Thanks for the piece on Angie's List. I became a member AFTER a major remodel and wish I'd been on board before. I use the company now for lots of smaller things -- everything from finding a jeweler to repair a family ring to getting mulch for the yard. I use them as my vender researcher. I love them.

Posted by: OldFezziwig 2007-07-31 18:52:40 In reply to: teamreed
I hope you are warning family and friends to check out Angie's List BEFORE a major remodel. I have heard a lot of horror stories.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.