Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: SaaS in East Asia, Part 2: Expanding to SMBs

Re: SaaS in East Asia, Part 2: Expanding to SMBs
Posted by: Andrew K. Burger 2007-07-05 08:51:06
See Full Story

Although in its infancy, the market for on-demand application systems, including Software as a Service, is taking root and growing rapidly in East Asia, as was seen in Part 1 of this series. Springboard Research sees SaaS revenues in the region growing 80 percent annually between 2006 and 2010 from a 2005 base of $80 million with customer relationship management software leading the way. Savings estimates ranged from 5 to 55 percent compared to the traditional licensed model, with the majority reporting savings between 20 to 30 percent, according to Springboard.

Re: SaaS in East Asia, Part 2: Expanding to SMBs
Posted by: npirog 2007-07-06 07:33:24 In reply to: Andrew K. Burger
I am of the opinion that SAAS has caught up with regular software and that in the next few years will become dominant as its upsides become better known. Being able to use software from any computer, without any installation time, is a huge competitive advantage.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.