Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Ten Commandments of Branding

Re: Ten Commandments of Branding
Posted by: Anthony Mitchell 2007-05-09 06:08:55
See Full Story

The most common and least understood marketing barrier facing outsourcing service providers is the absence of a strong brand. Most brands associated with IT and IT-enabled services companies are chosen on the basis of criteria relevant to where outsourcing firms are based, rather than where they intend to do business. In the outsourcing industry, branding challenges are most acute for companies based outside of their target market -- that is, based in locations with competitive cost advantages.

Re: Ten Commandments of Branding
Posted by: shamrin 2007-05-09 07:35:57 In reply to: Anthony Mitchell
You've covered a lot of ground in this article including marketing, branding, brand identity and web identity. I think you are spot-on about the importance of this and, especially here in India, perhaps the under-appreciation of this area among the mid-tier players.
I might add a commandment that some of your other 10 touch on but I think bears commandment status, that is: "Be culturally sensitive". The way that we like to sell here in India is not necessarily the way that people in the US or UK or elsewhere like to buy. Compare the look, feel and "workflow" of the average Indian market and the average American mall. You don't necessarily want these vast differences showing up in subtle or not so subtle ways on your website.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.