Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Vista's 6 Month Report Card: High Marks on User Irritation

Re: Vista's 6 Month Report Card: High Marks on User Irritation
Posted by: Jessica Mintz 2007-07-17 03:15:31
See Full Story

Chris Pirillo leaned away from his Webcam and pointed to his printer/scanner/fax machine, which stopped scanning and faxing after he installed Microsoft's new Windows Vista operating system. "I can't live in Vista if the software that I use in my life for productivity does not work," said Pirillo, in the third minute of a 52-minute video he posted on YouTube. Nearly six months after it launched, gripes over what doesn't work with Vista continue, eclipsing positive buzz over the program's improved desktop search, graphics and security.

Re: Vista's 6 Month Report Card: High Marks on User Irritation
Posted by: jdickey 2007-08-19 01:04:20 In reply to: Jessica Mintz
"We know eventually we're going to have to [use this product]. It's not really an option."
Would you accept this line of bull if Ford was trying to sell you Firestone tires?
Would you accept this line of bull if your doctor was trying to sell you hair-replacement surgery?
Would you accept this line of bull if your stockbroker were trying to sell you Kashmir-based outsourcing company stocks?
Would you accept this line of bull if your screwdriver maker were trying to tell you to use a particular brand of screws?
No? Then why do otherwise seemingly intelligent people and companies fall for the "inevitability" of handing Microsoft millions of dollars just to keep doing the EXACT SAME THING they're already doing?
"Oh, we want the usability and security upgrades that they promise are in [the new version]", people say. How many times has that promise been made? How many times has it been kept? One famous definition of insanity involves doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. When are we going to come to the collective realisation that anybody choosing to give Microsoft the time of day, let alone their hard-earned money, is insane?
Jump to: