Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Trustify President Jennifer Mellon: Diversity Is Good Business

Re: Trustify President Jennifer Mellon: Diversity Is Good Business
Posted by: Vivian Wagner 2017-07-08 13:36:59
See Full Story

"My team has always, from day one, been 70 percent female," said Trustify President Jennifer Mellon. "You know, we're not a flower delivery service -- we're doing private investigation. It's not a space women often lead in, so I'm really proud of that. We did a self-disclosure report early on, and over 45 percent of my team identified with a protected minority population -- including LGBT, race, ethnic and religious minorities -- and I'm really proud of that. We've succeeded because we look like our consumer."

Re: Trustify President Jennifer Mellon: Diversity Is Good Business
Posted by: mdrury 2017-09-06 00:18:11 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
I'm really confused about the article's conclusions here. So good business, as defined by Miss Mellon, is simply diversity of staff? That's great news because now I can save hundreds of thousands on college tuition for my kids. They don't need to learn all those pesky, old-fashioned ideas and principles that used to constitute "good business" in those expensive schools. I can just print up a few "Diversity is Good Business" bumper stickers and their education will be complete! Even better, they are guaranteed to be successful beyond their wildest dreams with this guiding principle. I'm going to retire right now and just wait for the money to start pouring in as soon as my kids hire "protected minority" workers. Awesome! Thanks for sharing the secret to success and reminding us it's not the content of our character and our work ethic that matters, it's what protected group we are part of that is most important in life (sorry straight white males, you had your run).
Jump to: