Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: iWatches and Bracelets and Shades, Oh My

Re: iWatches and Bracelets and Shades, Oh My
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2013-01-03 06:56:52
See Full Story

There have been a few new Apple rumors floating around the last few days, starting with one that claimed Apple was working on an "iWatch" and graduating to wearable computers. Piper Jaffray Apple-watching analyst Gene Munster even went so far as to point out in a research note for his investor clients that, over the course of several years, wearable computing devices could provide some next-generation revenue to the iPhone and iPad business. I must admit, at first glance, I found the idea of an iWatch tantalizing.

Re: iWatches and Bracelets and Shades, Oh My
Posted by: akcoyote 2013-01-04 08:29:08 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
I couldn't agree more with your comments. When I first heard about an Apple 'watch' I pretty much gave it two seconds thought and decided I didn't need to be walking around with a 'techie Timex'.

When I did wear a watch (most of my life), I had several from Timex to Seiko. (Never was willing to spend thousands on a Rolex.) I could just put on whatever one fit the occasion or just for variety.

After agreeing with you I got to thinking what would be the solution to this dilemma for Apple?

For me it would be a sleek iWatch with great design in a few basic colors (black, metal gray, white, etc.) AND designed to allow me to snap out the 'watch' and put it in any of a variety of different bands, even pendants for my wife.

If Apple would focus on the hardware, features and user experience, give me a serviceable well designed starter band and encourage everyone else to offer their idea of a band I would be reaching for my credit card in a flash.

As an early adopter, I could wear the Apple band until I saw something in the add-on market that caught my fancy. I could have my iWatch dressed as a Timex, Swatch, Chronometer, Stopwatch, Dive Watch (good to 300 feet ?), Seiko or heaven forbid a Rolex.

Perfect!
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
What do you think of politically inspired Internet memes?
They tend to be brutally honest about their targets.
They're usually cheap shots based on lies.
They're often stupid but amusing.
They can have a dangerous influence on uninformed people.
They don't impress me one way or the other.