Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Microsoft Is a Welcome Smartphone Rival

Re: Microsoft Is a Welcome Smartphone Rival
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2012-12-25 20:59:04
See Full Story

I admit it: When I read the news that Apple's share of U.S. smartphone sales skyrocketed with the launch of the iPhone 5 to surpass Android, I felt a momentary note of satisfaction. In the last 12 weeks, Android gobbled up 46.7 percent of smartphone sales while the iPhone nabbed 48.1 percent, according to data from Kantar Worldpanel. Assuming that percentage is sustainable -- which it's not -- I realized fairly quickly that absolutely dominating a market might not be so great for Apple -- and maybe even worse for consumers.

Re: Microsoft Is a Welcome Smartphone Rival
Posted by: ChasmoeBrown 2012-12-27 12:40:07 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Bless you! The platform I use is what works best for me. I don't hate the other platforms, which I also use as necessary. Mature discussions are so, so few any more. I rarely, if ever, bother with the comments section of any article any more. If people want to be taken seriously, they should act seriously.

Anyways, I suspect that most of business has been holding off on tablets, awaiting the one that runs MS Office. They see iOS vs Android as "two mules fighting over a turnip - nobody cares" [Lewis Grizzard]. I know that many middle managers have been awaiting that "Golden" tablet that works just like their desktop (and runs MS Office). They refuse to listen to anything else (touch vs mouse, for example). A lot of disappointment coming.
Jump to: