Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
CyberSource Peak Season Fraud Management Guide
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple Stores Make Tidy Profits, but They Don't Need To

Re: Apple Stores Make Tidy Profits, but They Don't Need To
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2012-11-15 07:32:32
See Full Story

As the news hits that -- yet again -- Apple retail stores produce far more sales per square foot than any other retailer, including Tiffany's, the piece I most often see missing is the most important: Apple's retail sales success is a side effect , not the goal. When Apple fired the recently-hired John Browett as senior vice president of retail sales, CEO Tim Cook proved he's willing to do what it takes to make sure that everyone knows exactly what's most important at Apple -- and it's not profitability.

Re: Apple Stores Make Tidy Profits, but They Don't Need To
Posted by: honkj 2012-11-15 08:34:29 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
what he said: "It's about showcasing the product, and when the customer service falters, the customer can't revel in the products."

that is exactly why Apple sells product in vast amounts.... besides being really cool product.... the retail store is part of it... not to buy the product, but to show case customer service....

I love it when I can go in and have some problem fixed... including just replacing some product.... this is why we pay a little more....
Jump to: