Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: How Is Tim Cook Not Livid When Apple Steals From Children?

Re: How Is Tim Cook Not Livid When Apple Steals From Children?
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2012-11-08 06:04:38
See Full Story

I cannot believe that Apple, my favorite company in the whole world, still has its head stuck in the sand over deceptive in-app purchases in games targeted at small children. Sure, I heard the horror stories about Smurfs and zoo animals and buying food and supplies with children tap, tap, tapping their way to hundreds or thousands of dollars of in-app purchases. Sure, I was irritated, but I figured Apple would get the problem under control. Seriously. If I were a CEO, I'd be livid that any of my underlings let it happen.

Posted by: chakman 2012-11-08 13:57:23 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
This guy is worried about a few spoiled brat rich kids paying for apps when slaves build the product... Get your priorities straight you freakin' cry-baby!

Posted by: pkoopmanpk 2012-11-09 00:37:06 In reply to: chakman
@chakman: More than 90% of all the electronics are build by these so called 'slaves'. And since you most likely posted your comment from one of these 'slave build' devices, you must be pretty mad at yourself right now.

By the way. How dare you eat, when so many children die from hunger in Africa!

On topic:
I'd expect at least pin protection, when an app asks about your credit card information or a payment. I'm surprised Apple did not implement this.

Posted by: CMaxcer 2012-11-09 08:37:08 In reply to: pkoopmanpk
I agree. The issue is really that the pop-up window that asks if you're sure you want to make an in-app purchase is inadequate for kid-oriented content. For the majority of apps and content types, it's fine, but cartoony games? It's so quick that you could be sitting next to your kid and sneeze and miss knowing that a purchase was happening.

Posted by: FichenDich 2012-11-08 13:54:17 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
What an exceptional story ! It in no way whatsoever is applicable to me, to my life, or to anyone I know. BUT... it is ferociously relevant to millions !

It absolutely [insert euphemism for the result of positive pressure moving across a venturi] that, if only due to its length, so very few will read it. Regardless, I'll waste some electrons and forward it to a few friends, maybe even post a link in a forum or two.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS