Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Feren OS: A Linux Desktop Game-Changer

Re: Feren OS: A Linux Desktop Game-Changer
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2017-05-18 15:02:43
See Full Story

Feren OS is a polished and well-stocked Linux distro that comes close to being an ideal replacement for Microsoft Windows and macOS. In fact, this impressive Linux OS is a very attractive replacement for any Linux distro. The only impediment to this assessment is dislike of the Cinnamon desktop. Feren OS does not give you any other desktop options. However, it comes with a wide assortment of configuration choices that let you tweak the look and feel into almost any customized appearance you could want.

Posted by: jymm 2017-05-23 06:14:54 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
What is the advantage of Feren over Mint? First I prefer Mate, and second I prefer to stick to more popular upstream distros as I have had these smaller less popular distros evaporate on me in a day. I also prefer smaller installs in which I add the software I want, rather than removing tons of software I don't want and will never use. I would need a compelling reason to switch, does Feren really offer one?

Posted by: sparker781 2017-05-20 13:05:23 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Would love to have an easier way to access my NAS without having to go thru the Terminal like you have to in Linux. Is there one out there that allows this?

Posted by: shady 2017-05-19 11:37:51 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
I'm too dumb to figure how to acquire this. I would never be able to search games Oh well I can do without the games.

Guess I'll have to do with out linux too.

Off to google

shady
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
How urgent is the need to provide broadband services for rural U.S. communities?
It's critical to the entire economy, and everyone should share the cost.
If rural residents really want high-speed Internet, they should foot the bill.
Internet providers will benefit -- they should build out their own networks.
The government should ensure that everyone is connected, but broadband isn't necessary.
People who choose to live off the grid do so for a reason -- leave them alone.
Providers should improve broadband services in heavily populated areas first.