Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: KMyMoney Is as Simple to Use as Quicken

Re: KMyMoney Is as Simple to Use as Quicken
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2012-11-22 17:31:01
See Full Story

KMyMoney is a comprehensive finance-tracking application that does not require an accounting degree to use effectively. Linux provides several hearty checkbook and banking programs. Among the more well-known are GNUCash, Grisbi, Skrooge and MoneyDance. Each of these contenders for your attention have their own unique look and feel. GNUCash is as much of a standard among Linux users as was MSMoney for Windows users before Microsoft dropped that application.

Posted by: aoeu 2012-11-28 16:48:45 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Hi, in the development version has been implemented the tag feature. In a few months they should release a new stable version.

Posted by: JohnBUK 2012-11-24 14:06:45 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Agree totally. Some 5 years ago I finally moved over from Windows to Ubuntu and wanted a finance program to take the place of MSMoney.
I tried 2 or 3 and then came across KMyMoney. As you say, it almost replicates the MSMoney program so was ideal for me.
The only small downside is that it seems to run slower than the MS version, not sure if this is because my desktop is Unity and not KDE.
I recommend this to anyone migrating from MSMoney.
Jump to: