Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Open Source Could Clean Up US Elections

Re: Open Source Could Clean Up US Elections
Posted by: Jay Lyman 2012-11-13 11:10:15
See Full Story

It's obvious from the latest U.S. election that our voting system could use some improvement in terms of both enabling and supporting voters and efficiently tallying and verifying a trusted result. Open source offers the technology, as well as the culture and community, to address these challenges, and it may be among the best solutions. Perhaps one of the biggest obstacles to more open, transparent and verifiable elections is public perception and attention.

Re: Open Source Could Clean Up US Elections
Posted by: carling 2012-11-13 22:42:26 In reply to: Jay Lyman
Reading your article I could not agree with you more, For the passed 6 years I have been promoting Free Open Source Software. I'm sorry to have to say this, I find that the American population the most stupid dumbest uneducated idiot nation on the face of the earth, They are a nation split down the middle, it's either their way or no way,

Yesterday I was reading the news report on the worlds fastest computer, I then moved down to read the blog remarks, not one of 1100 plus comments made a decent remark, they didn't understand the report, They didn't know what a HPC is used for. They was arguing among themselves which operating systems was running on the HPC, of course none was right, So much for a supposedly well educated nation.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS