Welcome Guest | Sign In
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Amazon Heads for the Web-Free Internet

Re: Amazon Heads for the Web-Free Internet
Posted by: Mark W. Vigoroso 2001-11-21 10:27:49
See Full Story

With the recent restructuring of Amazon, Bezos looks to be positioning
his company to join a race that has barely begun -- Internet commerce that goes beyond
the World Wide Web. Amazon's first stabs at third-party services condition users to a new
kind of online experience, one that hints at how analysts have described the X Internet
experience.

Posted by: HY 2001-11-26 23:33:05 In reply to: Mark W. Vigoroso
There are a number of issues we need to solve, technology maturity, globe standard, law, and how to deal with the large amount of legacy systems.

X internet is just very hard to fly. It may need 10 years to develop. However, at that time, new technology will be landing and people will approach for new baby, e.g. neural network which has been investigated heavily in Universities and research labs.

Posted by: zhang yq 2001-11-26 06:51:36 In reply to: Mark W. Vigoroso
I think it is interesting to raise the point regarding "Internet commerce that goes beyond
the World Wide Web", but I do not think the X internet is significant in any way. I rather like the e-commerce model that survived, not in US, but actually in China, such as www.enetchina.com or www.eguo.com.

Posted by: Mobile Guy 2001-11-21 19:36:43 In reply to: Mark W. Vigoroso
Sir, you forgot to mention Amazon's forays into mobile, non-PC devices. Right now, in the US, Europe, and in Japan using Imode devices, customers are getting recommendations, doing price comparisons, and purchasing items using Amazon's 1-click technology via mobile devices.

A majority of the concepts you state in your article have been exposed for customers to use via traditionally non-connected devices.

Even merchants who benefit from Amazon.com's 3rd Party HTML platform now have the ability to sell their items via mobile devices, specifically cell phones, without having to learn any new mark-up languages.

Amazon.com is ahead of the curve and has been embracing this X Internet type of experience for years.

I think http://amazon.com/anywhere contains data on how you can learn more about the X Internet and Amazon's forays into this space.

Posted by: Bill Gates 2001-11-21 13:53:00 In reply to: Mark W. Vigoroso
People seem to have forgotten there was an Internet long before there was a web. All of these innovations that are touted as "new" have been around for 20 years.

Posted by: GS 2001-11-21 10:30:44 In reply to: Mark W. Vigoroso
But unfortunately, some users of Gator have discovered their personal details are sent to gator. It is 'spyware'.

It also covers banners that companies have paid for by their own advertiser's banners, thus earning them revenue.

I don't care what you call it - it is copyright infringement plus invasion of privacy. It is impossible to remove completely from your system without installing AdAware.

Posted by: Gator Hater 2001-11-21 14:14:39 In reply to: GS
Gator is thievery. Those people are unethical, immoral and should be stopped.
Jump to: