Welcome Guest | Sign In
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Securing BYOD Access With Single Sign-on

Re: Securing BYOD Access With Single Sign-on
Posted by: Eric Olden 2013-01-21 08:03:47
See Full Story

For enterprises, the collision of the mobile revolution with the cloud revolution represents a security train wreck. Tablets and smartphones are quickly becoming the productivity tool of choice for executives, sales professionals and remote workers. However, BYOD -- Bring Your Own Device -- is making it extremely difficult for IT departments to enforce security policies on private and public cloud applications accessed from personal devices that are not owned by the company. Nevertheless, there are practical ways to address this problem.

Posted by: bugsymeknot 2013-01-21 08:08:54 In reply to: Eric Olden
SSO would be great after I've validated the user, does simplified provide integrated 2-factor authentication for a user from an ipad prior to providing SSO to all other apps?

Posted by: tech1talk 2013-01-31 14:48:43 In reply to: bugsymeknot
Looking for clarification. This need to "integrate 2-factor authentication for a user from an ipad prior to providing SSO to all other apps" seems very complex. It sounds like you have to modify the code for EVERY mobile application in order to allow this SSO/2Factor to happen. Is that right? If that's the case, developer time can be very expensive.

Another question, this "SSO to all other apps" seems like a good idea. However, in my opinion the "identity" stored on the mobile devices needs to be hard-coded to the user/device and non-exportable, I have not seen a solution that is capable of doing so. Have you?
Jump to: