Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Boost your international sales on eBay
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Machine Learning, TDA and the Future of Invention

Re: Machine Learning, TDA and the Future of Invention
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2013-01-23 10:10:24
See Full Story

Ayasdi came out of stealth mode and told the world it had a new way
to analyze big data, and I think the implications for CRM and social are very large
indeed. The new way is called "topological data analysis" and hearing about it has the feel of hearing about relativity for the first time and learning that space is curved. Who would have thought it, but Big Data is not some amorphous mass but something with topology -- an entity with curves and folds and shapes?

Re: Machine Learning, TDA and the Future of Invention
Posted by: JPNarowski 2013-01-23 10:21:26 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
Hi Denis. Great article as always. I think you're right that the Age of Information is coming to a close, and something else is on the way. It makes me think more than anything of the Age of Discovery--I think we're discovering the world of information that we ourselves have created. Just like the Age of Discovery did for Europeans, it changes how we think of ourselves and our place in the world. We're starting to understand how to relate to ourselves and others as information and not just discrete, closed-off brains. Maybe CRM was an early step, but I think it extends far beyond that.

-John-Paul Narowski
founder, karmaCRM
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS