Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Reading the Signals: 5 CRM Lessons From Moneyball

Re: Reading the Signals: 5 CRM Lessons From Moneyball
Posted by: Christopher J. Bucholtz 2013-01-17 10:32:49
See Full Story

With less than a month to go before pitchers and catchers report to baseball spring
training, I'm increasingly thinking of the national pastime -- and specifically, about Moneyball , the Michael Lewis book adapted into film two years ago.
For those unfamiliar with the story, it's the tale of how Oakland Athletics General
Manager Billy Beane used data -- not the old-fashioned opinions of scouts -- to build a team that challenged for the American League pennant on a budget.

Posted by: Danielyhkim88 2013-01-18 20:04:29 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Thanks for the entertaining read, Christopher!
When utilizing social CRM, the lessons you learned from Moneyball can certainly apply. Targeting and micro-targeting specific data pertaining to your clients, has become a critical point with the compiled information relayed from your social CRM. The next point is the never forget that a CRM stands for customer RELATIONSHIP management, and you are absolutely right when stating that leaning too much on the data can lead to a disconnect between the client and the business. Even so adoption must be a top-level priority for social CRM integration, because this will delegate the multiple functions of social CRM, to all of a business' departments and therefore will deter data stagnation. As a member of the GreenRope support staff, adoption is a critical recommendation that is always expressed. Furthermore, this will take pressure off of the sales staff and allow the whole business to participate, while simultaneously forming a personal relationship with each individual client.

Posted by: greenberg67 2013-01-17 10:38:27 In reply to: Christopher J. Bucholtz
Great article. Most CRM failures happen due to lack of executive buy-ins and user adoption.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
How do you rate your wireless service for speed, network coverage, call quality, customer service and pricing?
My carrier excels at all five.
Mine does well with four out of five.
My carrier is just OK -- three out of five.
Mine does only two out of five adequately.
I hate my wireless service.