Welcome Guest | Sign In
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: What the Election Says About Social CRM

Re: What the Election Says About Social CRM
Posted by: Denis Pombriant 2012-11-14 13:26:52
See Full Story

I tried to wait a bit before commenting on the election and the Social CRM implications partly out of respect and in part to give everyone a chance to rev down. Besides, these observations have much more to do with social media than with any political party or policy initiative, so please believe me when I say, I come in peace. According to The New York Times , the major candidates and their surrogates spent more than $6 billion on the presidential campaign, making it the most lavish in history, if that's the right word.

Re: What the Election Says About Social CRM
Posted by: Danielyhkim88 2012-11-17 12:55:04 In reply to: Denis Pombriant
Thanks for the useful data, Denis!
Social CRM integration is a great way for politicians to create efficiency within their campaigns. Social CRM allows the campaign volunteers and the candidates, to collect useful data about potential voters and to also reach out through them. Social media has made it easier for candidates to utilize GOTV (Get Out the Vote) methods to increase voter turnout and also to increase awareness. It is interesting to see that through social media, CRM can be manipulated to collect voter data and to increase their own "brand awareness," much like a business/company. It is simply amazing that social CRM integration is utilized in all aspects of life, thus proving that CRM is not a one dimensional product only used for mega corporations. Inevitably, the data collected will be analyzed and will be used for future campaigns as well as understanding the trends of potential voters.
As a member of the GreenRope family, I do recommend the full adoption of social CRM by every employee or volunteer. This deters the possibility of data stagnation because every employee/volunteer is interacting and adding to the personalized CRM database.
Once again, thank you for the great article!
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS