Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Got a Digital Music Library? Hoarder! Pirate!

Re: Got a Digital Music Library? Hoarder! Pirate!
Posted by: Jon Newton 2005-12-22 09:16:07
See Full Story

Guess what? Your digital music library is not actually a library. It's considered "hoarding." The entertainment cartels have already pirated the word "pirate" to replace "counterfeit" and/or "duplicate" and/or "share." It's so much more PR-friendly -- more emotive and evocative. And it works so well in a sound-bite or a headline. Now the Organized Music family, Sony BMG, Vivendi Universal, Warner Music and EMI, plan to do the same with "collection" and/or "library" when applied to file sharing, and they've chosen the shadowy NPD Group to deliver the message via a "study."

Re: Got a Digital Music Library? Hoarder! Pirate!
Posted by: _timbo_ 2006-01-05 12:01:38 In reply to: Jon Newton
In the '70s I bought my music collection on 8 track tapes, then in the '80s I bought alot of the same music on vinyl, then in the '90s I bought the same music on cds. How many times should I have to buy my music? Shouldn't I be able to listen to my music on any player that I want? Why should I have to repurchase my collection each time a new player format comes along? I think the consumers are fed up. Add to the fact that on alot of cds there may only be couple really good songs. If the record companys would charge a reasonable price for their product people would not take the time or chance of getting caught to pirate music. Talk radio is looking better all the time!
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
What do you think of politically inspired Internet memes?
They tend to be brutally honest about their targets.
They're usually cheap shots based on lies.
They're often stupid but amusing.
They can have a dangerous influence on uninformed people.
They don't impress me one way or the other.