Welcome Guest | Sign In
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Got a Digital Music Library? Hoarder! Pirate!

Re: Got a Digital Music Library? Hoarder! Pirate!
Posted by: Jon Newton 2005-12-22 09:16:07
See Full Story

Guess what? Your digital music library is not actually a library. It's considered "hoarding." The entertainment cartels have already pirated the word "pirate" to replace "counterfeit" and/or "duplicate" and/or "share." It's so much more PR-friendly -- more emotive and evocative. And it works so well in a sound-bite or a headline. Now the Organized Music family, Sony BMG, Vivendi Universal, Warner Music and EMI, plan to do the same with "collection" and/or "library" when applied to file sharing, and they've chosen the shadowy NPD Group to deliver the message via a "study."

Re: Got a Digital Music Library? Hoarder! Pirate!
Posted by: _timbo_ 2006-01-05 12:01:38 In reply to: Jon Newton
In the '70s I bought my music collection on 8 track tapes, then in the '80s I bought alot of the same music on vinyl, then in the '90s I bought the same music on cds. How many times should I have to buy my music? Shouldn't I be able to listen to my music on any player that I want? Why should I have to repurchase my collection each time a new player format comes along? I think the consumers are fed up. Add to the fact that on alot of cds there may only be couple really good songs. If the record companys would charge a reasonable price for their product people would not take the time or chance of getting caught to pirate music. Talk radio is looking better all the time!
Jump to: