Welcome Guest | Sign In
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: It's Business as Usual for Anonymous as Panda Takes a Hit

Re: It's Business as Usual for Anonymous as Panda Takes a Hit
Posted by: Peter Suciu 2012-03-07 16:22:52
See Full Story

The hacktivists known as "Anonymous" have retaliated following Tuesday's news of the arrests of LulzSec hackers exposed by their former leader, Hector Xavier Monsegur. Overnight, Anonymous hackers took down more than 25 websites belonging to Panda Security. They also posted email addresses, usernames and passwords of more than a hundred of the firm's employees and defaced a number of marketing-related sites. Members claiming to be part of Anonymous posted numerous messages aimed at both Panda Security and at Monsegur, also known as "Sabu." In one post, the group noted "Yeah, yeah, we know... Sabu snitched on us."

Just a bunch of hackers
Posted by: jescott418 2012-03-07 16:26:28 In reply to: Peter Suciu
Anonymous is just anybody who hacks who wants to assume the name. I really do not think its a organized group with any real agenda other then just being hackers out to create problems on whomever they choose. Why do I say this? Because it seemed almost too easy to take a few of them down. I suspect anyone with real talent could avoid such measures.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS