Welcome Guest | Sign In
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: iOS Smokes Android in HTML5 Drag Race

Re: iOS Smokes Android in HTML5 Drag Race
Posted by: Rachelle Dragani 2012-03-06 12:13:56
See Full Story

Apple's iOS handles HTML5-based games as much as three times better than Google's Android in HTML5, according to a new study from Spaceport. The report specifically measured how many images could be moved around the screen at a time while maintaining a rate of 30 frames per second. The researchers tested on the latest versions of iOS, Android and BlackBerry Tablet OS, the operating system found on Research In Motion's PlayPook.

Point taken on Playbook
Posted by: jescott418 2012-03-07 19:33:18 In reply to: Rachelle Dragani
Playbook is rumored to be close to done. But I think the article was focused on Android vs IOS. Which I think most of us would agree Android is not a efficient OS. I think Google has done very little to help Android. No real talent there to fix a OS. Apple on the other hand will always do better because of its close ties with hardware,software and OS.

Report is already out of date
Posted by: Cletis 2012-03-06 20:37:29 In reply to: Rachelle Dragani
I understand that the main story here is the comparison between Android and iOS, but it's worth mentioning that Spaceport tested an older version (1.0.8) of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS. The current version (2.0.0) has considerably better HTML5 performance than does the flavor they tested, so this report was outdated before it was even released. Suggestion: Someone might want to rewrite the abstract for this story accordingly; it's incorrect to state that "[t]he researchers tested on the latest versions of iOS, Android and BlackBerry Tablet OS."
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS