Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Art Galleries Online: Everything Except the White Wine and Snooty Talk

See Full Story

Artists seeking to sell their work and art lovers seeking to buy it need now go no further than their computer. With the rise in online art sales, buying and selling original art can take place entirely online. One such site, Ugallery, was founded by two University of Arizona college students in 2006 as a class project. Since then, the site has taken off, and it currently sells the work of over 300 emerging painters, photographers, and other artists in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. "Ugallery gives emerging artists a place to sell their artwork and people a place to find affordable, original artwork," Stephen Tanenbaum, director of operations and cofounder of UGallery, told TechNewsWorld. "We operate like a brick-and-mortar gallery, except it's all online."

Online art sales has changed our company focus
Posted by: daliexpert 2011-03-24 09:52:45 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
As recent as 5 years ago, our business was strickly TV advertising and sending out hard copy catalogs for new prospects to view, then we called them back and did presentations while they viewed the catalog. Today, we rely on Google Adwords and have gone as far as attending seminars to learn the inner workings of Google. While we still advertise on TV, over 1/2 of our leads and business is a result of online presence. I built and operate salvadordaliexperts.com as an example. I saw a need many years ago and taught myself how to build websites and also how to market online. It will be interesting to see where we are in another 5 years.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS