Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Entering the Age of Personal Discovery

Re: Entering the Age of Personal Discovery
Posted by: Edward Balassanian 2010-10-05 16:36:52
See Full Story

Web 2.0 -- everyone's favorite 2007 buzz word -- heralded the age of social networks and powered a fundamental shift in the Web: filtering out excessive noise while building connections to friends, organizations and communities. Creating a Facebook profile became a way of passage to keep up with friends and connections, monitor social trends and follow topics of personal interest. Fast-forward to 2010 and 800 Facebook friends later, and the noise is back. Prominent social networks are now split between keeping up with a massive network of contacts and following major trends.

Great article about Personal Discovery:
Posted by: stanfordsol21 2010-10-05 18:57:35 In reply to: Edward Balassanian
Great article! There is a wealth of information on the web and we need products that are optimized for real-time updates tailored to users specific interests on a continuous basis. One such discovery engine is YourVersion (http://YourVersion.com). They offer the best ability to discover tailored content based on my interests and allow bookmarking & sharing through Facebook, email and Twitter. I am a big fan of their free mobile apps (iPad, iPhone and Android) and browser tools (Firefox, Chrome and Safari) which I use to bookmark and share as I browse the web. Check them out: http://yourversion.com
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
What do you think about Hillary Clinton's use of private email servers during her term as Secretary of State?
She broke the law and should go to jail.
She violated guidelines -- the issue is overblown.
She placed important state department information at risk.
Her servers might have been more secure than the government's.
I really don't care one way or the other.