Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Microsoft's Next IE: Ninth Time's the Charm?

Re: Microsoft's Next IE: Ninth Time's the Charm?
Posted by: Paul Hartsock 2010-09-18 06:53:07
See Full Story

Microsoft's Internet Explorer has had a lead in the Web browser battle for years, and that lead is still alive, but it's not well. IE has been losing some serious market share over the last few years, mostly because of young Turks like Firefox and Chrome. Not helping matters is the fact that the ancient IE6 browser is still tottering around like a sick old dog that won't die on its own, and it seems nobody has the heart to put it to sleep. So Microsoft's pressing on with a public beta release of its next-generation browser, IE9.

crappy little dumbphone
Posted by: webtrekker 2010-09-18 11:18:18 In reply to: Paul Hartsock
I've owned and used Nokia phones for as long as I've had a cell phone. They are not, in my eyes, a "crappy little dumbphone". Not everyone in this world wants a phone and camera in one. Not everyone wants to spend his life texting useless gibberish to the person sitting next to him when the oldest form of information transfer is far superior, talking. I had the texting function turned off and I got my phone bill reduced by making my "dumbphone" dumber. Now I don't get spam texts I don't want and fees that I was charged to get them. Not everyone spends their life in timesinks like twitter and facebook. Not everyone wants to continually "surf the web". Some of us just want a phone so we can just get on with our real lives not a virtual one.
Jump to: