Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple's Mysterious Slate: Betting the Company One More Time

Re: Apple's Mysterious Slate: Betting the Company One More Time
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2010-01-25 05:40:45
See Full Story

This is an Apple launch week, which means we'll be on pins and needles until we actually know what Steve Jobs is going to have on stage in San Francisco. While there is a lot of drama with any big Apple announcement, there is substantially more with this one, including the unprecedented number of leaks, the location of the event itself, and the massive devastating impact this device could have on PCs, game consoles, e-readers -- and even Apple.

Its a Steve Jobs nightmare
Posted by: jescott418 2010-01-29 12:38:14 In reply to: Rob Enderle
This is one of those Apple products that Steve Jobs wants. Maybe nobody else wants one. But he definitely wants it. You could tell that by his presentation. But I have mixed feelings about it being successful. For one I was hoping for a full operating system OS X and not the iPhone/iPod Touch OS. I wanted more storage and something more of a full fledged computer. Yes, the price is OK but the iPod Touch is what under $200. So for $300 more you get a bigger screen? For book readers only this won't sell its too expensive for that and may prove to be harder to read with. As a media player it lacks some key video plugins like Flash which handicaps it for the web. Watching a movie on it might be nice for traveler's. But at home I prefer my desktop computer or my TV with my xBox 360 and Netflix. Something else not mentioned as the iPad doing. So what is it going to be able to do well? I don't like being tied to Apple for Content and that's a given for this.

I'm speechless ...
Posted by: Hasdrubal 2010-01-26 00:12:17 In reply to: Rob Enderle
I don't really know what to think about Mr Enderle. He writes coherently, but makes no sense at all. He comes across as a sulfuric preacher lambasting hard rock, albeit one on some kind of mild tranqulizer. His insight is zilch. His ability to learn from previous disastrously mistaken predictions is zilch. His connect to the world is nowhere to be found. Does he actually get paid for this? If that is so, I sincerely hope he gets paid per hit and not for content. Technewsworld, you are soiling yourself by associating with Mr Enderle.

Why hate, Ron?
Posted by: spjones 2010-01-25 17:48:10 In reply to: Rob Enderle
For the life of me, I simply do not understand why do you hate Apple, in general, and Steve Jobs, in particular, so much, Ron. What is it with you and your utter contempt for all things Apple? Are you capable or writing anything positive about this company and its products, or is this all a ruse to get people to comment on your inane comments? If you actually believe all the stuff you write about Apple, then are either an idiot or so full of hate that I advise you to see a therapist post haste to address from where inside you it originates. Good luck with that.

Size of venue??
Posted by: ToyNeedle 2010-01-25 11:54:57 In reply to: Rob Enderle
"This launch is at the Yerba Buena facility off Mission Street in San Francisco."

Because it seats more people than the Apple campus facility. As you know, Rob, since you go to these things. I think.

Thanks Rob...
Posted by: rickrack 2010-01-25 09:25:20 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Let's see, we have a classic two faced Enderle viewpoint, a sprinkling of negatives and half-hearted endorsements and finally an RIP Apple heading.
Entertaining as always.
I'd say that adds up to an all but guaranteed success for the pad/canvas/slate/tablet.
Apple should send you their thanks.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS