Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: How Google Could Kill Microsoft (and Maybe Apple) and Vice Versa

See Full Story

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the battle between Google and Microsoft and how it is largely counterproductive for both companies. Since I spent a lot of my life in competitive analysis, I thought it might be fun to set out a strategy of how Google could take out Microsoft (which it is partially executing) and how Microsoft could take out Google (which it also is partially executing) and consider whether either one of these firms has any hope of being successful. So that's my focus for this week.

hmmm
Posted by: rickrack 2009-12-07 09:36:22 In reply to: Rob Enderle
For once an interesting exercise without too much sniping, except..
(Eric Schmidt) ...'fired by Steve Jobs'
Well that's just negative supposition. There was/is an FTC investigation into anti trust concerns about the close links between Apple/Google given Schmidt's presence on both boards plus the increasing areas of conflicting products and services which reduced his effectiveness to board meetings when he had to excuse himself.
Their respective statements after Schmidt's resignation did nothing to suggest it was otherwise. In fact, given their publicly stated mutual respect and friendship I would think being sacked is laughably wide of the mark.
But you being you, your 'fired by Steve Jobs' statement, makes sense if it lends your post some backbone.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS