Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The Wireless Burden: Our Never-Ending Thirst for News

Re: The Wireless Burden: Our Never-Ending Thirst for News
Posted by: Renay San Miguel 2009-10-09 04:47:15
See Full Story

There's a perfect storm building in the technology world, and as we know, that world keeps spilling over into that other world -- you know, the one where real people live. This storm will manifest itself in the media, of course, thanks to the forces driving its increasing wind speeds: The rise of social networks, the increasing number of gadgets vying for our discretionary income, the need for more wireless bandwidth. But the biggest factor? The real wind beneath the tech industry's wings? Despite recent polls showing low rankings for journalistic credibility, this news just in: It's all about the news.

The Wireless Burden
Posted by: technewsuserid 2009-12-07 08:37:54 In reply to: Renay San Miguel
Hi Renay,

Sorry but I find your article a bit off-point; you refer to News as the source of the wireless logjam? If you look at traffic stats from News.com, CBS, NBC.com and other old-tech channels, clearly demand is dropping. New Media however (a very small part of which focuses on P2P, personalized information communities like Twitter, Fb, etc) is less about traditional newsblasts and more about the delivery of actionable and personalized information, when and where I want it - this isn't your grandfathers news. Also, you've totally discounted bandwidth-hungry Enterprise Applications, Online Games/Entertainment and Real-time video (all of which I would caegorize as actionable content and none of which I would categorize as news). THESE channels (and the Advertising that will fund them) will be the source of traffic congestion for the emerging Mobile Web. As a result, I would argue that you traditional definitions no longer apply. Can I help you with your next article?

cheers,

Mike Mullineaux (michael.mullineaux@gmail.com)

We need news
Posted by: thoughtsdotcom 2009-10-09 08:08:29 In reply to: Renay San Miguel
We at http://www.thoughts.com think it is very important to stay up on current events. If it can be integrated in the social media world the right way, this could be very successful.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS