Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Boost your international sales on eBay
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Tea Parties, Pirate Ships and a Kayak: A Summer at Sea

Re: Tea Parties, Pirate Ships and a Kayak: A Summer at Sea
Posted by: Paul Hartsock 2009-07-03 14:40:14
See Full Story

For seven months, a New York Times reporter named David Rohde was held prisoner by Taliban kidnappers. However, you wouldn't learn that from reading The New York Times -- or even Wikipedia, for that matter. In addition to other news organizations, the Times reportedly asked Wikipedia not to publish information on the abduction. For Wikipedia, that meant monitoring Rohde's entry and quickly deleting information regarding the kidnapping as soon as anyone put it up. Everyone involved seemed to have good intentions.

Jobs' health, Apple stock & Corpus Christi?
Posted by: Employee4866 2009-07-05 15:12:28 In reply to: Paul Hartsock
"...Or perhaps it has something to do with the weather in Corpus Christi. Apple stock is kind of funny like that."

I'm wondering why Corpus Christi? I'm guessing it was whimsy, right? Corpus Christi has some serious weather, but it's about as far away from Cupertino as you can get, when it comes to influence on technology or the stock market.

Believe me, I've lived and worked in each of those places for years. They're on opposite ends of the American cultural and intellectual landscape.
Jump to: