Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Connected Cloud Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   small e-commerce business and proper tax/license question

small e-commerce business and proper tax/license question
Posted by: eligh 2005-03-20 16:35:05
*I will be incorporating a small e-commerce business very soon. But before I do so, I have a question.
*I will be creating an all Japanese language website with the intent to sell `a type of bicycle` in the Japanese markets.
*I was recenty married to a Japanese national and have decided to move to Japan. Because small business incorporatin in Japan is expensive and unfamilier to me and my wife, I have decided to apply for a `sole properteirship` business license here in California, the state in which I reside.
*I will be inporting the product to be sold directtly into Japan, and the ordered product will then be mailed domestically to my customers.
**remember: My web hosting server is located in California, USA and my product will be sold in US dollars. All earned money will then go directly into an US merchant account.
MY QUESTION IS, keeping my situation in mind, what kind of business tax/license do I need to apply for?
Any information and leads are much appreciated.
thanks in advance.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS