Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Think Like a Hacker - The Best Scanning Tools

Re: Think Like a Hacker - The Best Scanning Tools
Posted by: Tiernan Ray 2003-11-26 09:38:27
See Full Story

In the world of computer security break-ins, the focus has shifted from alleged hacker masterminds to enterprise shortfalls -- unpatched software, poorly secured firewalls and weak computer passwords. However, vulnerability assessment tools are educating IT admins about how to close holes in networks before a hacker even finds them, let alone plans an attack. With estimates claiming that up to 90 percent of breaches can be avoided, such tools might represent a CIO's best chance to assess the level of security in his or her enterprise and determine how to improve it.

Re: Think Like a Hacker - The Best Scanning Tools
Posted by: billyhax0r 2003-12-11 11:34:54 In reply to: Tiernan Ray
Hmm, I'm surprised there was no mention of Nessus found at www.nessus.org. This is one of my all-time favorite Vulnerability Assessment tools because the price is right *FREE* and although it requires linux for the backend server there is a windows client side for specifying what to scan for.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
How do you rate your wireless service for speed, network coverage, call quality, customer service and pricing?
My carrier excels at all five.
Mine does well with four out of five.
My carrier is just OK -- three out of five.
Mine does only two out of five adequately.
I hate my wireless service.
Try MailChimp Pro