Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Developing Nations Get Wired

Re: Developing Nations Get Wired
Posted by: Luis Roberto Rivera 2003-11-26 08:49:07
See Full Story

E-commerce is starting to find a place in some of the world's emerging economies. Governments and businesses in a growing number of developing countries have begun building the infrastructure needed for online commerce, according to a report by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. Governments are more and more aware that this can be a tremendous boon to their economy, said Angel Gonzalez-Sanz, an economist with the UN agency.

Re: Developing Nations Get Wired
Posted by: cab7063 2003-11-30 07:12:34 In reply to: Luis Roberto Rivera
I found the report for free online here http://r0.unctad.org/ecommerce/ecommerce_en/edr03_en.htm - they even say they'll send you a free hardcopy if you ask (!?); its also got a nice chapter on free/open source software and why developing countries should use it. The report is very "UN"-ish in language, a bit heavy at times. However, there's no anoying sales pitch like you get in many a consultant's or corporate white paper.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
How do you rate your wireless service for speed, network coverage, call quality, customer service and pricing?
My carrier excels at all five.
Mine does well with four out of five.
My carrier is just OK -- three out of five.
Mine does only two out of five adequately.
I hate my wireless service.