Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Pending Calif. Bill Would Tax More Internet Sales

Re: Pending Calif. Bill Would Tax More Internet Sales
Posted by: Lynda Gledhill 2003-05-12 13:39:35
See Full Story

The California Senate has approved a bill requiring businesses with brick-and-mortar stores in the state to collect sales tax on purchases made over the Internet. But Republicans warned that imposing the tax could hurt California businesses. "The truth of the matter is that a competing out-of-state e-commerce site is no more than a simple mouse click away," said Sen. Tom McClintock. "There will be a shift of commerce from Barnes & Noble.com to Amazon.com."

Posted by: tjwild 2003-05-14 17:26:01 In reply to: Lynda Gledhill
"The truth of the matter is that a competing out-of-state e-commerce site is no more than a simple mouse click away,"
I will do the mouse click. California will no longer be an option.

Posted by: kathleen.mccahill 2003-05-12 13:48:54 In reply to: Lynda Gledhill
It is amazing how greed (in the form of taxes) takes shape when those people we have voted in office are fiscally irresponsible. A budget deficit? My question is who was minding the store while we continue to pay the highest sales tax rate than any other state in the country, except maybe hawaii. From my viewpoint this ludicrous taxing to manage and pay for fiascos like the electricity shortage which cost the citizens of California MILLIONS should be resisted.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS