Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Studios Add DVD, Digital Options to Goose Blu-ray Sales

Re: Studios Add DVD, Digital Options to Goose Blu-ray Sales
Posted by: Ryan Nakashima 2009-12-19 04:40:37
See Full Story

Although prices for some Blu-ray players dropped below US$100 this holiday season, customers are hesitating to jump into the next-generation video format. Even people who already own Blu-ray players are still buying movies on DVDs. One big reason: Blu-ray discs won't play on standard DVD players found in cars, computers and bedrooms. Now Hollywood -- which is banking on the pricier Blu-ray discs to help lift sagging home video sales -- is stepping up its efforts to win customers.

3 D applications should help Blu-Ray.
Posted by: MPrck 2009-12-19 05:07:28 In reply to: Ryan Nakashima
While I have 2 Blu-Ray players hooked to my Big Screen TV, I have only rented 2 films in the past year. Hollywood has so far dropped the ball on Blu-Ray, as there is no real compelling film to rent, let alone buy out there. Hollywood's latest thing of doing covers of Great Asian films is a total disaster, as they take a great film, and mess it up with the American Star system. I think right now the Japanese Dramas, and Films cannot be beat, nor duplicated with American actors.

That said, 3D applications hold the key for Blu-Ray going ballistic. Not so much with films, but with Video games, and Web content. So I will wait till then to buy the Sony Playstation. Blu-Ray has been such a bust with me I won't get one on my next computer, but will opt for a huge processor, and like wise graphics card, with lots of on board ram, and video ram.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
What do you think of politically inspired Internet memes?
They tend to be brutally honest about their targets.
They're usually cheap shots based on lies.
They're often stupid but amusing.
They can have a dangerous influence on uninformed people.
They don't impress me one way or the other.