Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
CyberSource Peak Season Fraud Management Guide
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Top 10 Cloud Computing Flashpoints of 2009

Re: Top 10 Cloud Computing Flashpoints of 2009
Posted by: Jeffrey M. Kaplan 2009-12-11 10:43:42
See Full Story

Plenty of industry observers are already issuing their predictions for 2010, but I think it is worth taking a look back at the past year's events to see how quickly the Software as a Service and cloud computing marketplace is evolving. So, following are 10 events that I consider bellwethers of the rapid evolution process, which could be important indicators of the future direction of the SaaS and cloud computing industry. No. 1: Salesforce.com surpasses $1 billion in revenue.

Comments on top 10 of 2009
Posted by: flandis 2009-12-17 15:45:11 In reply to: Jeffrey M. Kaplan
Jeff, I think the most underpublicized event is the salesforce/CODA joint development of Financial Force. This represents salesforce.com's entrance into the backoffice marketplace, a move denied by the company but rumored for the last few years. What message does that send to the force.com partner community about their future? Is this just an experiment to assist a long time, loyal AppExchange partner or a deliberate, calculate move to expand their footprint in the application (vs. platform) world?
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS