Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
CyberSource Peak Season Fraud Management Guide
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Shoppers Mean Business on Cyber Monday

Re: Shoppers Mean Business on Cyber Monday
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2009-12-01 12:32:37
See Full Story

Online sales were up almost 14 percent year over year for 2009's Cyber Monday, the first Monday after Thanksgiving and traditionally a big selling day for online retailers. Shoppers spent over 38 percent more per order compared to 2008's figures, and they bought nearly 10 percent more items per order, according to market research firm Coremetrics. Apparel and jewelry retailers reported the biggest dollar increases in sales, Coremetrics found. Shopping patterns changed this year, as more shoppers made purchases from the home than the office.

Getting etail savvy
Posted by: Talya Rachel Judovits 2009-12-14 04:25:38 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I must congratulate you online retailers. You are succeeding very nicely this year, I see. And for good reasons, too. As focused as the shoppers are and as design savvy as the websites may be, surely there has been a greater investment in site searches, as well. If the search of a site cannot accommodate the “focused” queries of shoppers, they are stuck with the annoying navigation that ultimately forces them to abandon the site. So I believe online retailers are not only getting design savvy, but also search savvy.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS