Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Business Case for Virtualization Management:
A New Approach to Meeting IT Goals

See Full Story

The process of deploying virtual machines has led IT managers to discover that the value of virtualization -- the ability to pool resources, rapidly deploy new applications, increase resource utilization, and much more -- can only be realized if the process is well managed. Thus, IT management's evergreen goals of maintaining high service levels, reducing infrastructure costs and increasing IT staff productivity -- all well in place before virtualization -- are even more important in today's data center.

I Agree
Posted by: installfree 2009-07-30 06:49:32 In reply to: Rich Corley, Akorri
I completely agree. Companies are spending way too much money on IT staff and too much time imaging and fixing machines. This is the essence of why InstallFree (www.installfree.com) was created - to provide a seamless user experience when transitioning into a virtual world. Give it a few more years and major companies that actually recognize virtualization as a viable solution will be able to save time and money when it comes to their IT.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
What do you think of politically inspired Internet memes?
They tend to be brutally honest about their targets.
They're usually cheap shots based on lies.
They're often stupid but amusing.
They can have a dangerous influence on uninformed people.
They don't impress me one way or the other.